The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, May 21, 2007

I watched a real good movie, The Shawshank Redemption starring Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins, 1994. There were so many parallels to life that I cannot begin to describe all of them. Two feelings I came away with. One: I never want to be in prison (the big house). Two: Life is not fair. Yes, we already know these things, but I was always taught to do good, treat people like the way you want them to treat yourself, help others, yada yada.... But they forgot to tell me that I would be the only one following these rules!

One other important note about the film that makes it great. "Red was here". "Brooks was here". We all come to point in our life, the same point, and must decide whether we want to continue on, or just give up. I choose to never give up. But at the same time, I am going to "back off" of others and their life (what is good for me, might not be good for others and likewise).

The system is not fair, but that is the way it is. I took on this project of making music, and it is the love of my life. I do not want to jeopardize my love for the sake of "upsetting the apple cart". I will leave that for the young musicians of our future.

One last thing, somewhat related. I can imagine what the astronauts that were standing on the moon thought. Maybe they realized that heaven is Earth itself, because no where in the galaxy, and from where they were standing exists (2007) life like this. Love, giving, hapiness, and so much more are just wonderful gifts given to us by God. But they also must have known that when they get back, the Hell they will climb back into. Appointments, deadlines, unfair treatment, dishonest people. Maybe the lesson we need to learn here on earth, is that this place is what we make it. Love or hate. I apologize to anyone that may have received anything less than love from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment