The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Sunday, November 24, 2013

I Wondered - Poem by EinStud

I wondered

The birds flew in
Cackling hard about everything, I would guess
What is their problem?  I wondered

Did I leave enough food?
Were they trying to get me to come out of the house?

I went way beyond wondering at this point

And when the left foot moves forward,
The right foot naturally follows...

I went way beyond wondering at this point

Flashback:

Yesterday, a bird flew into my truck's trailer
How was I to get him out?

He was set confidently on his perch, on some merchandise
He was not fearing me, and I was unsure if he was hurt

Life progressed, uneventful between us two
To me it was clear
He would not survive the ride in the dark trailer down the highway

I had to get him out
I reached my arm out like a perch

I also said, I understand why you don't trust Humans

But you can trust me

Double Flashback:

I was standing at a small party,
A bird, a Mccall to be more precise

There I was with my wooden device
A tooth pick

He stared, he pondered

I think he even wondered

He was so amused, he took it
from my Mouth

Now he was like me, in mind
Now he was like me...

Present awareness:

The birds flew in
Cackling hard about everything, I would guess
What is their problem?  I wondered

One bird we help, you see
The crowd of birds, are helping thee

And there is a difference.

-ES 2013
.

No comments:

Post a Comment