The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, October 06, 2008


Lifting Heavy Objects

Can it be this simple? Maybe the solution I have is wrong, but I'm on the right path.

It is my thought that perhaps air pressure could be used to work against water to lift a heavy object, and thus make a Pyramid or a Coral Castle.

Here's how I see it, and I have included a diagram. You have an area of water. You have the heavy stone (already precut and laying there... hey, I'm just telling you how to lift it) and it is laying in the water or under water.

(Experiment 1) You place a Bell or Pyramid shaped cover over it (it must be more stable and sturdy than the object you are lifting). You attach a chain or rope from the object to the cover. You increase the air pressure inside the cover. Eventually enough air pressure will overcome the weight of the object and appear to float. As a matter of fact, it may be weightless to the whole system since the air pressure has equalized the weight of the object (but water may be displaced, so I can't say for sure without trying it if this produces a weight differential).


As a side note, wouldn't it be possible to fill a blimp with Hydrogen and since Hydrogen is lighter than air, it will float? I know. They already did it, but did they make that hydrogen from the air on the outside of the blimp? Thus creating a perpetual flying machine (as long as there is power to supply the electricity needed to split the atoms... the sun). (Also, air has moisture in it, that's where I'm getting the Hydrogen from).


Perhaps we could fill that Bell in Experiment 1 with Hydrogen instead of air, and compress that? I see this method as being promising.

Okay, that is how I see the Pyramids being built. More importantly, someone could tool around with this idea and make some pretty efficient power generators, not to mention being able to make water anywhere this generator is working.

Please see my diagram with this article.

Peace Out, Gary Ruff

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the pressure can be created by heating the water?

    Perhaps there is an electrical or magnet property that occurs when this system is put together?

    ReplyDelete