The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Sunday, August 09, 2009


The Holy Grail of Rhyme






The Holy Grail of Rhyme





When I write the lyrics for a song, I find it to be very important to have a poetic structure that is very flexible. This will allow me to explore other rhyme possibilities when the initial rhyming word brings me to a dead end.

Plus, for the Free Style rappers, all you ever really need is one “go to” line, the 3rd line! Why? Because as your flowin', if you see the dead end coming up, throw in the “go to” line.

Here's a good “go to” line: “No mind, it's just the same”

Why? Because so many words easily rhyme with “same”, but you still have the option of rhyming out with any of the previous 2 lines.

For serious Free Stylers, EinStud has several “Go To” lines, and a trick.


The trick is to match the “rhyming word” with the first letter of the line.

“Same” is an “A” rhyme, so my go to line will start off with an “A” letter.

All right, just the same

“Know” is an “O” rhyme, and my go to line will start off with the letter “O”.

Oh my, what they know

The go to line must be neutral. It wouldn't be cool to slam by saying “Oh my, you're too old”, while rapping at a nursing home.

“Free” is an “E” rhyme, so my go to line starts off with “E”

EinStud here, just being free

“Why” is an “I” rhyme, so my go to line starts off with the letter “I”

It's amazing, They often ask why?”

And you can see that I can change up on this line as I'm flowin'. She's amazing, It's stupid, He often asks why?, and so on...

“You” is a “U” rhyme, so my go to line starts off with the letter “U”.

Uh huh, I know but do you?”




And here is the short list of these “go to” lines for da peeps.

AAll right, it's just the same

E Einstud here, just being free

I It's amazing, they (often) ask why?

OOh my, what they know

UUh huh (or, uh oh), I know but do you?


-EinStud


Peace Out, The Compusician!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment