The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, March 27, 2006

Getting ready...

Okay, I have the main things prepared for when I am overseaes. Money. I made sure my PIN works on my credit card. And it works on my debit card. I will bring cash with me, not too much because there is a limit on the amount you can bring out of the country (and bring back). Check with your travel agent or online. In the Ukraine you can easily exchange your US Dollars or Euro-dollars in the cities. At the time of this writing, I remember it to be about 5 Hryivna's (pronounced: Griv-naz) for 1 US Dollar. A taxi driver will take Grivna's, so before you leave the airport, you might want to secure some local currency. I saved some from my last trip, so I will just bring it with me.

I told the girl I am going to see that I wasn't coming. But I have arranged a surprise that I will be there (the surprise might be for me!) :o

My extra compact flash and reader for the computer and camera have come in. I will test that out later. That's it for now. I did arrange ahead of time (about 4 weeks ago) care for my pets and security for cars and property. Got all the bills paid up so I don't miss any payments while away. I did have a nightmare last night. I was on the plane, and it broke apart (it's always over the ocean for some reason... I guess it gives me a chance). I took my seat belt off and watched the plane break apart. I felt the fall and realized there was no chance. My last words were: "I Love You". And it was not directed to anyone in particular. I assume they were my last words. I like to think I grabbed onto a piece of the wing and glided to safety (by the way, that is why I took my seat belt off I assume!).

The fear goes away when you get on the plane. Everyone is nice and wants to get home safely too. The 10 hour flight is a long one! Last time I was delayed 2 hours! But I made it back safe. The coolest part of the flight is leaving New York City at night. That place is huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment