The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, October 17, 2005

The new Halloween Song by K-Rhap is finished today! Yoo Hooo! I always like it when I finish a song and have it ready for the world (some songs are more ready than others :) ).

I think having a Halloween song ready 2 weeks before halloween is cutting too close when you consider I still have to prome the song. I am using www.Live365.com as one of the promoters. I am anticipating my ad to appear this week sometime in the Greensheet here in the Dallas area.

Of course there is Submitnet and I am trying CD Register also (part of indie360.com). if you got some ideas on promotion, besides just making good songs :) then please let me know. Word of mouth works well too.

As i was saying, I love it when I finish a song. Even though I usually take a small break for a week or two before tackling the next project, sometimes I start to visualize the next song. Sometimes I get excited about it early, and then 2 days later I am working on another song full blast again! So much for that 2 week break!

Man do I have a long ways to go. You know you are ready when you can make the song sound and be heard exactly the way you plan it. I usually assemble the whole musical part of the song then adapt the words in later. This often causes me to chang the musical parts, but it seems to be the way that works for me. Okay, sorry to bore you with all that. Us songwriters do get chatty sometimes. And I will end on that note. -Peace Out, Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment