The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, October 24, 2005

This week in the life and times of K-Rhap. You know, inspiration can be a detriment sometimes. That is to say when the inspiration is not there, the words do not flow right for the song. Kind of like this blog entry. I tried to write a song combining "Drive" by the Cars and "Nothing at all" by Heart. You know, I find it hard to write it unless there is some inspirational music or beat to hear while I write. Also, to do it just for fun without ever intending on publishing the song is meaningless.

So I go on and learn more about how I will present my music to the world. So now I know I have to have a subject for the song that means something to me. And, I have to have music already scored for the song to become "rounded".

This is what happens when a guy tries to learn music on his own! I bet most music students get this lesson the first day of class! But I think a musician who studies what he or she likes without theoretical influences (standards) and then goes on to create his own theory will have a possible outcome like The Beatles or Elvis or The Doors even. Maybe include Bob Dylan in that list too.

If everyone sings the same song then there will never be a breakout.

The next song I'm working on is for New Years. I have most of the music scored. Just got to find an angle for the lyrics. i gave myself a little more time to promote the song this time, but I think it might not be enough, still. I'm beginning to think 3 months before the clebration date (ie: New Years Song is Jan 1 so the song should be done and promoted starting on Oct 31).

It's all one big experiment out her. Good luck with your journey my friend, Peace Out, Gary

1 comment: