The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My Bible Chapter 0003



Genesis 1:1 through Genesis 1:2


In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty. Darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.


Commentary and what I've learned today:

The Bible consists of 66 books written over 1600 years by 40 different authors. What if they missed a book? Can it be that the guy who collected up all 66 books by 40 different authors over 1600 years got it right? And who is he that decides which books to include or exclude?

In Genesis 1:1 through 1:2 it is clear to me that God is specifically stating (actually the author is stating what God did, but that seems to be okay for me to state it either way), that God made the stage and setting. All that is so far to this point is because of him, not by chance.

Also, it would appear to me that this concept is in no way a conflict to Science and a “Big Bang” theory since the “Big Bang” could be a method God used to start everything.


------------

I am writing the Bible out (word for word) for my own use to try to better understand it. I welcome comments, as this is a learning adventure. The Bible I am reading will put everything into chronological order and offer some studies on the entries. My mind is open and I realize that everyone, including myself, has a different perspective, as well as a different base from which to learn and teach. My initial goal is to enhance my music, and to fulfill a goal to have read the Bible in my lifetime.

Peace Out, Gary Ruff - The Compusician

No comments:

Post a Comment