The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Dad,

I left you a message on your cell phone. Mom was disconnected from Life support system on Wednesday, June 8, 2005. She still kept on living. They removed the feeding tube. I was the only one against this. Mom had a "Living Will" which indicated to disconnect it. This is not the first time Mom and I disagreed. But, well, what can I say. I agreed to be fair. Only a true miracle will let her live. I compare this whole event to "assisted suicide". If you have something in your living will like this, maybe the best thing to do is to do what is natural, and that is to survive. Let God decide your "quality of life".

I was talking to Mom when I visited her, and a tear appeared in her eye. I do not remember telling anyone, but they all have shared their own experiences with me. how can Man decide the fate of another human being? This is God's job. Twenty years in the nursing home without any sign of her being "coherent" does not mean she cannot still love. I will post this letter on my Blog on my website, because it is my only vent to the world.

I do want to add that the Pope had died much in the same manner as Mom's inevitable predicament. He chose to have the feeding tube remove because he felt that with life there comes pain. This has sent me a confused message, maybe with hope that the other people involved in this case actually have made the right decision. That is why I agreed to go with what the majority willed, because I always do not see things in greater proportion.

It is in God's hands now. I hope he finds a reason to perform a miracle on this occasion. And if he does, I hope he makes it clear as to what it is!

Love, Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment