The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, June 06, 2005

Well oh, well oh, well! What a month! May was full of emotional ups and downs! I thank everyone for their prayers for my mother. She is still in a "coma". I was told that she did open her eyes one time, but also had trembling. Maybe the trembling is part of the "reconnection" of her brain to her body? I can only hope that this is good news. Also, this past week was the first time I've been inside of a church for many, many years. If you like singing (I sure do!), then this little church called the Faith Chapel Church in Arlington is great!

I also must continue on with my life and projects. Last week I was traveling in the semi truck heading north on I-35 coming out of Dallas (near Denton Texas) when a vehicle was traveling very slow in my lane, the granny lane. As I started to change lanes, the cars in the hammer lane were starting to slow very rapidly, making the granny lane the faster lane. I was caught in the middle of the lane change and decided to avoid the accident and get back into the granny lane. The cause of this mess was a taxi cab (van) that had decided to slow down abruptly in the hammer lane and get behind the slow guy in the granny lane (follow me so far?). In reality, the taxi was aiming to get in front of me. He slammed on the brakes and came to a complete stop on the interstate! I stayed directly behind him and was able to stop my truck missing him by no more than 2 inches! Everything in the cab of my truck was thrown forward as the stop was extremely fast. My cooler, water jug everything broke open and it was a mess. Fortunately for me, there was nobody behind me that was not paying attention or drunk (this was a Friday night, 10PM)! The taxi took off and I continued on with water all over my floor.

Friends, I can only conclude one of three things: One, the taxi guy was committing suicide (and it did not work). Two, perhaps he was looking for the insurance (but this seems a bit risky since he could easily be killed). Three, the guy experienced some unpleasantness on the highway and became angered (and retaliated - I was unaware of anything I did to upset this guy).

This event has led me to my next song after "Tribute", which comes out in the next few weeks (really, it's almost done!). I am going to use the taxi story as my motivation to write, "Hey Jackass!". It will deal with the real issues of road rage, and I may take out a little anger of my own.!

That's the past week, the first week of June 2005. I'm sending some pictures of people having a good time (to follow). God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment