The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Teach to Learn

Teaching is the most powerful learning tool. When you finish making this song with me, please try to teach your own methods to someone else. It is then that you will start to grow as a songwriter.

Bob Ross was a painter who appeared on television (PBS I think). I learned more about painting from this guy than any book I ever read, more than any class I ever took, and more than my own imagination with paint and brush. I still can't paint, and it is because I never took the time to teach what I learned. Bob Ross became known worldwide in his peer group from teaching. I hope you will not skip this important step in becoming a songwriter. (And it does not matter how much you know! Teach a child. Teach a professor. Teach on a blog. And do not be worried too much that someone might steal your song. Yes, it happens. But not often enough to let this valuable tool slip out of your hands. So teach the world how you make your music. (Maybe someday, a singer like Timberlake will blog the creation of his song BEFORE it is released so we can all see what is going on.... it would make one hell of a story).

No comments:

Post a Comment