The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Conspiracy...

A “not so exciting” event happened for me today, and has cause for ponder. I found a Canadian coin, a quarter, mixed in with my American coinage. There it sat atop the heap of dirty coins I keep in a cup. Yes, those coins I bring home every day that build up in my pocket.

I like to separate coins that are different, usually I can find a wheat penny or two per year. What made this coin different was that I threw it back in the jar thinking it was an American quarter, but I had to pull it back out because I did not recognize which state it was (state quarter). I thought it might be Maine, or something like that because it “seemed” Canadian. Upon closer look, it was a Canadian coin.

It occurred to me just then that perhaps our American Government (they are pretty smart people) may have had a plan to integrate our coinage with Canada (and I'll throw Mexico in because no one cares or will take the time to investigate my claim).

But this conspiracy goes against my other theory that the State Quarters were a “good-bye” to our states as we become one union with Canada and Mexico; the Amero-dollar. Well, I can't have two conflicting conspiracies in my head, so I somehow have to make sense (cents lol) of it.

Then another thing occurred to me. Why am I wasting time trying to discover the “aha!” moment? The moment when I can look at everyone and say, “I knew it! I told you so!” What will I win if I am right? Will there be a big parade? Will the world see that I knew something they did not know all of this time? Will children breathe free, knowing that Global warming was a hoax? Will Mother's want me to marry their daughters because I am the man that simply knows everything?

I think not. (As a matter of fact, I suspect Mother's will hide their daughters from me, Gary Ruff, the Magellan of mayhem).

The fact is, the world will change. It will be a different place tomorrow. As much as I liked my life and most of its past, that past is gone forever, forever changing into the future. My only control in this life is my present. And as quick as it comes, is as quick as it goes. Faster than the speed of light, and here I write, about a coin that could be the tell tale sign of the beast that is coming. Or, it could just be a coin in a jar with a bunch of other coins.

Isn't the imagination a wonderful gift? It is also a dangerous gift if not controlled in that one instance of time; the present.

Peace Out, Gary Ruff


PS

“I wonder why he is out so late?”
“My boss is acting very strange today”
“Things that make you go, hmmmm...”

A “moment in time” happens to all of us. And our past transforms into the future instantly, non stop and without fail. And we have the power to guide (not control) that future.

No comments:

Post a Comment