The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Friday, July 25, 2008

Proof is the death of belief

Logic and the Speed of Light: Seeing is believing.

PreRamble”:


Scientist's need proof to believe, and the Religions use belief to prove. In effect, both groups seem to be chasing their own tails. “Proof” happens when all doubt is erased thus making “belief” unnecessary.


I bring this up, because when I use LOGIC to dispel this theory that one can go back in time, I have to “prove” it to the Scientist, and make believers of the Spiritualists. And if I do this successfully, I am chasing my own tail because each group will use my own argument against my claim. Which is fine, just understand that I think and believe that this was the plan all along. Surely, you cannot disprove that belief?


If I am standing right next to you, and I go to touch you, you can see me do this AND you can feel me do it. If I walk across the room, and come back to you, I then touch you. You can see it, you can feel it, and you can know that it took some time to actually do it. I don't think I have said anything controversial yet.

If I stand next to you, I go half the speed of light across the room, and come back and touch you, you will see this, and you will be amazed at the time it took.

You're really going to be amazed at this next one. I am standing next to you, I go the speed of light across the room and come back to touch you, it appears to you that I never left your side, AND I touched you.

Well, I am a bit of a “show off”, so I go to the Sun at the speed of light, I come back, and about 14 hours later, I touch you.

If I go ten times the speed of light, it still takes me time to touch you, BUT you are confused because it appears I touched you before I left! “Appears” is the key word. “Seeing is believing” is the attitude of this moment. In fact, in reality, there is a gap in time from the time I left, to the time I touched you. The gap gets smaller even as I exceed the speed of light, but there will always be a gap. The fact that I touch you before you can “see” me touch you, is no where close to any time travel. It's just an illusion. Time always has a value, it is infinite, and can only be manipulated by one's own brain. That is where the Scientist's need to look for answers.

We scoff at the technology Doctor's used to fix broken bones 100 years ago. In 100 years from now, it may be possible to manipulate the mind, and never have to see the Doctor! They will scoff at us, just like we do now with our predecessors. And time travel will be a “mind” thing. I can imagine that life could be like that movie, “Total Recall” ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liO8UK2K-p4 ).

Lastly, E=MC2 also states that as matter approaches the speed of light, it becomes heavier, thus making it so heavy eventually, that the object can never reach its goal of traveling faster than the speed of light. That is Einstein's own fundamental law. So, I suspect that a lot of scientists actually do have a belief, that there is something for them that will break the laws of physics. And my friend, isn't THAT what describes a belief, a religion? Who knew that hardcore Scientists actually have a God? There's the proof, er uh belief...

Peace Out, Gary Ruff

No comments:

Post a Comment