The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, September 22, 2008

I want a Ukraine Girl

I'm going to write a song about some aspect of this topic, getting a Ukraine Girl. I have decided on a rock dance style song and I'll increase the beat from my usual 120 bpm, to 132 bpm.

So, that's the start. A song called, "Ukraine Girl" at 132 beats per minute set in the Dance and Rock styles. That is October 0f 2008's song. Since this is the first time I am doing it this way, I'll learn with you the ups and downs. It could be quite possible that one of you reading this will actually finish the song before I do! Why? Because, as I make the song parts, I am uploading them to SpliceMusic, and you can easily change the parts around, add your own sounds, or remix it before I do the final take.

Just think (in my dreams, and many other musicians), there will be millions of versions of my song BEFORE I have ever released it (by the way Music Industry Leaders... this would seem to me to be a great way to make money... Since the market will be flooded with your Band's song before it even comes out, so many good and bad quality tunes, you have the "convenience factor" working in your favor).

Let me give an example. Brittney Spears announces she is going to make a song with the public (just like I will try to do here, except she will actually have fans). Maybe a contest. Maybe if there are too many entries, have an entry fee like they do for Chess Tournaments (only this is a song tournament). Winners get the cash, recording deal yada yada...

While she is making this song, maybe she uses other people's ideas along the way. This increases her fan loyalty. Now, how to market this song when it is done and has flooded the market ahead of time? When she decides to start coming to the communities where the best songs were produced by her fans, the news media will give free advertising (especially when it involves children, schools, hospitals).

Also, because the internet will be soooooo flooded with her tune that is not the one Brittney is selling, a music lover will just go to her site and buy it for a small price. Convenience. If it becomes a hit, and others have helped make the tune, and others will be seeing Brittney in her community, she will do even better on her next song (when people see that anybody can contribute to a succesful venture).

And if the music biz does not like my idea, then I will do it.

Peace Out, Gary Ruff The Compusician

PS... Ahhh.... a Ukraine Girl, much better than Brittney for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment