The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Compusician's Laundry Sock


I'm a single guy that has to do his own laundry, so I have to discover things on my own (by choice). The smell of my laundry is not all that great when I am done drying it, so I invented something has already been invented before I am sure (might make a good “soap” opera or sitcom).

I have tried dyer sheets, but they lose their smell after opening the box. Good laundry detergent costs too much for what little benefit of smell I get at the end.

Enter the Compusician's Laundry Sock. Okay, here is the basic idea. I take a pair of black socks. I put one inside the other, and tie it off into a knot. Then I put the perfume agent onto the sock. I throw it into the dryer. Because I rarely wear black socks, it is easy to spot for the next load.

Today I had an old bottle of Polo Cologne laying around, so I put some drops onto the Sock. I also have old bottles of essential oils, some rubbing alcohol, and a dropper bottle that I have from other “failed” inventions.

I want to note an unintended effect (this is why I think my idea of a sit com where a guy invents some things that already have been invented would do well, the “Lucy” effect. Yes, the unintended consequences). But this unintended effect turned out great this time.

My whole house now smells great (my dryer is vented inside the home).

While at Willie Nelson's Truck Stop this week outside of Dallas, Texas, I got a good whiff of his soap. I wonder if all musicians are into smells and perfume? I could see myself putting that bar of soap into some water, and then spritzing my laundry sock with the perfumed water. I just wonder about residue. In my original idea, the base is alcohol which evaporates leaving only the essential oil or cologne in the laundry sock.

Well, I better get busy with my music. I think ol' Willie might be ahead of me on that front!

Peace Out, The Compusician (Great smelling Compusician!)

No comments:

Post a Comment