The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Sunday, June 21, 2009



Quixote


I have found myself in a book, Don Quixote


While it seems not too much of a great way to compliment ones self, it is important that ones self recognizes who he is.

How I befell on this situation was my quest to write more meaningful songs. I figure it would be just great if I used the top 100 Classics of all time. I would read the Cliff Notes version (or the “Wiki” Version) and make some of my songs this way.

As I read, I realized that this guy Don Quixote is about how I am in life. I only know part of the plot in the book at this point, so if he (Mr. Quixote) is a horrible man, please know that I am not. I feel that one person can change the world. I feel that my voice is heard. I do not let reality become an obstacle in my quest. Everything is practical, as long as I can do it. Every dream can be a reality. One difference I see is that I do not place too much importance on love. I wished I did, but I see love and relationships as obstacles (unless you find the right woman). I guess my perfect girl would be talented with an angels voice, or somehow musically inclined. Bonnie did like Clyde, a lot, so I guess I seek the one who loves adventure, but is not one to go along for just the ride (she has to drive a little).

No one reads this crap, so it does not matter much to me that I reveal a little about myself from time to time. And if I ever do achieve some kind of status in music, you'll have even more crap to read. (Like, “How did he do it?” - We sent man to the moon, cured hundreds of diseases, but how did Gary get good at music???). I should have been a comedian.

I have not read the whole story, nor know what happened... yet. When I get some of these other songs finished up, that will be my quest. I just wanted to blog that I noticed something interesting about myself. I was always taught that I could do anything I want in this world. But my personality of trying to find the easy way to get things done is in direct conflict of achievement.

The only options become to do more, to become angry, or to change. I have done the first two, so change seems to be in order. All is not lost. I will take my experience with me, and during this travel into change (for the better I hope), I will be able to use what I have learned. That is what makes the difference.

And if it makes no difference, then I will have read and understood the top 100 Novels of all time.

Peace Out, The Compusician

PS I ran for President against John McCain and Barak Obama (and 200 others) in 2008. But during that whole time I was really in it to learn, not to win. I think that in itself is the difference between what I was seeing, and what others were seeing. It is also worthwhile to note that this “difference” in vision is what makes a man a doer, and another man a dreamer. I will always be both.
_

No comments:

Post a Comment