The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Sunday, September 20, 2009


Poetry


The two sides of fear


If they told you the truth'
You wouldn't believe it.

If you believed it,
You wouldn't WANT
To believe it.

In the news, the other day
I heard a man from the CIA

The man said to me
We need to protect our agents
from fear of lawsuits, you see.

And the man said to me
Interrogation techniques we use
Work, not abuse.

They work because
Nothing garners respect
More than fear, I paused.

I paused.

There are actually people in this world
High on power
They impose fines,
Judge from their wallets,
And blame you
No matter how good you do.

The man says that
Respect comes from fear.

History has shown,
The people will get their respect.

I just wish history would show
A better way.

And there is.

Love can only defeat fear...
When Love is in greater numbers.

So hold hands together,
Yell together,
Think together,
Plan together.

And most of all
DO together.

No matter how large ONE man is,
A crowd will humble him.


- EinStud

.

No comments:

Post a Comment