The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Friday, December 04, 2009




How to store rain water underground



I have been considering, lately, getting a well and a hand pumper for my own own private water system. It is expensive, and might require permits. So I am considering some alternatives for water storage on my land that might be cheaper.

I noticed this new trend towards harvesting rain water, where the rain is collected and stored in barrels. There are many web sites for this. Rain Collection Supplies ( http://www.raincollectionsupplies.com/ ) seems like a great place to start for all needs of collecting the water.

Now all I need is a mechanical hand pumper (because I want it to work without electricity). There are also solar pumps available at Survival Unlimited ( www.SurvivalUnlimited.com ) .

I will want to pump the water I have stored underground to an elevated above ground tank (my own little water tower), and have a way to filter it before I use it in the garden or to distill and purify the water for use inside the home.

Collect, store, distribute, purify, consume, replenish. That is the order of progression. It is too involved to recycle my own water which would cause me to have a private water treatment plant, not very economical (Water Treatment: Budget Water ( http://www.budgetwater.com/ )).

Collect, store, distribute, purify, consume, replenish. The replenishing part of the cycle could be as simple as turning on the garden hose and filling up the underground water tanks. The rain water collection devices (a roof works great!) could be another way to replenish the system.

You will be automatically recycling water you collect just by traditional disposal methods (ie: flushing the toilet, sink drains, water run off).

No one has claimed water rights from the sky yet, but give it time. The government seems to want to charge you and I for Carbon (Carbon Credits), it wouldn't shock me if some day they move towards Hydrogen Credits or Oxygen Credits too. Get ahead of these thieves of our hard earned money while you still can.

Remember when there was no water served and sold in bottles? Or, remember when the air was free at a gas station? It is a matter of time.

Peace Out, EinStud
.

No comments:

Post a Comment