The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, November 03, 2008


What is a Sequenstrument?

Well, modern music has evolved with the computer. A "Sequenstrument" is a "Sequencer + a Sound sample" and it yields a completely new instrument.

I took an electric guitar sound, a chord that sounds good. I put it in my sequencer (like Magix, Cubase, FL Studio, Cake Walk, Pro Tools, etc...). Then I set it in the track as the middle note (maybe track number 5). I pitched down tracks 1 to 4, while I pitched up tracks 6 to 11.

I put my song bed (Drum and Bass or music bed) in track 13 (I like to have space between my tracks).

Tracks 1 through 11 are now free and available for me to "Riff". And I can riff during the whole song. I can riff a flute, guitar, vocal, you name it! I can riff a part of the song like the verse. AND, I build in the effects to the riff "on the fly"! Yes, I can track effect the sound or I can note effect the part. The point to this idea is to make the riff with a sound and distort it all to hell, but at the same time have it musically appealing.

Here is an idea for the music sequencer industry. I have the perfect set up for my "Hydrogen Guitar" sound. I have my pitch bends in place. I have my quarter notes, whole notes, and trills all set up nice and neatly in my sequencer. Damn! I wish I could use this template and simply swap out an instrument!

In other words... my sequencer instrument is all set up for me to play the lead guitar part, but I want to swap out the one single sound of the guitar to be a piano, not guitar.

Watch what happens to vocals when our Sequencer Programmers understand the musicians needs!. (Because I can alter a vocal over 11 tracks in a riff just the same as I can an instrument, remember: all I need to input is a sound).

Peace Out, Gary Ruff also known as The Compusician

No comments:

Post a Comment