The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Monday, May 18, 2009

My Bible Chapter 0005



Genesis 1:6 through Genesis 1:8


And God said, “Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning – the second day.


---------


Commentary and what I've learned today:

Before I consult my study guide, let me say what I think about this passage. It would seem to me that the Bible speaks in general terms. It would seem to me that more would need to be done in the beginning than just separating the water from the water. I know there is a few more days to come, but life seems so much more complex than making a few things happen. That is why I believe, at this point the Bible is speaking in general terms. Let's see what the study bible says for this chapter.

Well, the Study Bible speaks generally also, just that God has created a place comfortable for man.


-------


I am writing the Bible out (word for word) for my own use to try to better understand it. I welcome comments, as this is a learning adventure. The Bible I am reading will put everything into chronological order and offer some studies on the entries. My mind is open and I realize that everyone, including myself, has a different perspective, as well as a different base from which to learn and teach. My initial goal is to enhance my music, and to fulfill a goal to have read the Bible in my lifetime.

Peace Out, Gary Ruff - The Compusician

2 comments:

  1. You probably won't like this comment...but here it is.

    Please don't waste your time "studying" the bible. The older I get, the more I wonder why so many can't see that it's an overvalued collection of tripe whose purpose is to beat people into emotional submission, the better you should follow not only an imaginary master, but his self-styled mouthpieces on earth. It's about giving away your power, nothing more.

    Seriously...what are the chances that a collection of writings by some primitive tribe from a certain spot on earth a from a couple of thousand years ago is the Truth? It was promoted by a Roman emperor for a power gain, that is all.

    There are plenty of other places to find wisdom that are not so shot through with patriarchy and drivel that only sets people up to feel bad about themselves so the priests can magically fix it for you.

    Please wake up...we don't need any more brainwashed people spending their time thinking there's some kind of deep value where there isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primitive tribe. The Earth is round. Everything is in a cycle, so it seems. How do we know that the people of the past were more primative, or perhaps more advanced? We can only know this if we know where we are at in the cycle, yes?

    I respect that you think this is a waste of time. So is hitting a furry ball over a net several thousand times. One may want to exercise their mind as well as the body, so I argue slightly on the point of "wasting time".

    Peace Out, The Compusician

    ReplyDelete