The Band BL8ant Featuring EinStud the Compusician


ComScore

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Songwriting Compusician Style


Genesis 1:6-8 (New International Version)

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

-----------------------

Will there be a tomorrow?
Will there be another day?
Why the great expanse?
Who was God doing this for?
When did this all happen?
What was the goal or even purpose?
Where did this event occur?
What was the event?
Will there be more?
How was it done?
How will this effect the future?

-----------------------------------------

A New Start

A new start, beginning, Aspiration, Adventure, And it was so

Night from day, water from water, separation, Nine lives
Embark, Excitement
Waste not valuable experience, time, Water

Secure another chance, Separation, Sky
Throw away the bad, The second day, The great expanse
Adventure
Relax and move on,
Take opportunity, Take in the creation by division by God



Notes: I used BibleGateWay.com for the Bible reference. I am developing a writing style that is fun and challenging for me. When I'm in the truck, I need something that is easy. I feel that a song is never finished until the actual music is scored and hammered out. And even then, I think change is acceptable. Therefore, a song is never finished, in my eyes.

I will be back later with more to this song. It is an experiment. I love critics, co writers, and comments.

This song is free, and you can use the lyrics, change them or adjust them anyway you wish for your own music. I am sure you will pay it forward to some other person in some manner to help make this world a better place.

I will take this copy of the song and take it out on the truck with me and answer the questions. Later I will pick one of my favorite songs (Born to be Wild is one), and fit the words to that song. Then I will use Verse Perfect (might still be available at: http://www.bryantmcgill.com/free_rhyming_dictionary/ ).

Another program I use is Rhymesaurus: ( http://purpleroom.com/ ). These two items will give me additional ideas for words to use in my song.

Notice as part of my style, I start each line with the associated letter in the title. It just challenges me, and in a way I think it hands part of my song over to higher powers to come up with something.

“A New Start”, I use the letters to start each new line: A, N, E, W, S, T, A, R, T. Then from there I take my song back from the gods (or God, maybe), and put my twist on it.

I will try hard to remain positive in all my music. While it is true I'm writing Christian songs, I'm not limiting myself in anyway. This will be the only place in this blog where I fully explain how my music lyrics are made. I share this with you because it may be what you need, or have been looking for to help you in your own adventure.

Too many times artists “keep secrets” so no one can steal their ideas. What I have learned in life is that most people will not care how I write lyrics, or will ever have an interest in doing it the same way. When I share my thoughts, I learn far more than I ever gave.

To teach is to learn.

And that is all about this part of: How to write a song. I hope this helps you in making computer music. Lyrics and singing are the hardest part of making a song.

Peace Out, The Compusician

PS The song is not done yet. I'm just explaining each process. Stayed tuned for more (and better) lyrics to this song.





No comments:

Post a Comment